Friday, April 4, 2008

Another Life Update

FAMILY:
Everyone is doing well... healthy. Eddie plays his first T-Ball game tomorrow morning. Nothing like 3 year olds with bats!

DEATH:
An old friend of mine died. Tragic. It was a result of brain swelling which was a result of a malfunctioning liver. I am going to Santa Rosa tomorrow (saturday) for the Memorial/Funeral. Jason Presley was amazing... he always lived life to the fullest. He will be missed. But I'm very glad he knew and followed Jesus.

JOB:
I still don't have a job. I will resume talks with People's Church (for College Pastor position) on Monday. I got a job offer for something non-ministry related, but $13 per hour doesn't feed the kids... so, doubt I will take it.


A Worship Pastor position is about a 90% possibility for me, but I REALLY don't want to work at that church.

I put in a resume at a Presbyterian Church today! If I ended up working there, then I will have gone from Assemblies of God to Southern Baptist to Presbyterian. I'd be a Penta-bapti-rian?!

If you're the praying type, would you mind praying about this for/with me? It's crunch time.

MOO CARDS:
I finally got my Moo Cards. I'm very excited. They're pretty cool. Check 'em out.

Moo Cards

PHOTOGRAPHY:
I've sold a couple of prints. I've just added a few more florals to my online stores: Etsy Store and Imagekind.com.

Single Poppy California Poppies

Do you need anything/body photographed?

I just printed two portraits of my kids... I am going to do one of Josh soon and hang them all prominently in my house.
Eddie Portrait Hope Portrait

AMERICAN IDOL:
Here are my top 4 favorites (not in order): Jason Castro, David Cook, Brooke White, and Michael Johns. I am so very glad that Ramielle went home. I was about to pack her bags for her.

Who's your favorite?

Or are you one of those the "doesn't" watch the show?

MUSIC:
We just bought Lenny Kravitz latest CD.

AXIS:
Still makes me sad.

That's it for now... hope to see you soon.

4 comments:

~dani~ said...

Ah..thank you Ramielle was so ready to go but so is the "country girl". I haven't watched in a week-is she gone too? Oh, Lordy I hope so!!

~dani~ said...

Ok..I am back.
~I will pray my friend, of course~ The pics of the kids are really great btw. The Moo cards rock too! I love those things. I want to start trading them with other artists~ I am truly sorry to hear about your friend. I have had much loss in the last year and now understand what it really is like to feel that kind of sadness. More prayers~ Now, go back to my blog and tell me about a favorite trip/getaway, so I can enter you in my giveaway. If you win you can always give them to another person if you prefer (wife, relative, friend, etc...). Get typing!! thanx bunches~

Whitnee Megan said...

I'm so glad I don't watch American Idol! It seems so.. addicting

*leaves to go watch America's next top model.*


:P

Daniel Rhoten said...

Family:
T-ball, I'm jealous.

Death:
What's the deal with death so close to everyone these days... I've been to a funeral, and have know three people who have died recently. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

Job:
I think $13 bones is better than $0 - until you find something better.

Pentabaptyrian:
You're almost completely reformed!

Photography:
I have a photo project for you if you're interested. It pays, of course. Subject: a woman on the stairs with light spilling down.

Idol:
David Cook
Brooke White
Money.

Music:
Jesus Culture Band
Brooke Fraser
Alexi Murdoch
Colbie Callait
Amy Whinehouse (I have no idea why...)

AXIS:
Starting some musical ventures with Brad. Connected with Amy and the Rich's at the Well... random. We were just visiting. They seem to be doing really well.

Lori and I praying about starting a house church.