Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Job Hunting in a recession

As a pastor who's looking for a job (ok, it's MORE than just a job, but you know what I mean) I've come to the conclusion that this 'recession' is hitting churches hard. Many churches who were looking for staff are no longer looking and have put a freeze on hiring. I've ran into this many times in Fresno as well as out of town.

In the mean time, I (finally) found a job waiting tables at lunch at a nice restaurant. I worked a total of 6 days and they shut the doors because there's not enough business. So, I started looking again for a job and found another restaurant that is letting me serve tables at lunch.

Serving food at lunch time isn't enough money to support a family of 5.

I'm trusting God to supply for my family. He has been faithful to us so far! We have been able to pay all of our bills since we closed the doors to Axis Community Church! All kudos to God for that!

No comments: